Image Map

Wednesday 15 May 2013

From Paris with love...Sephora Sculpting Disk & MAC Fix + Review.

So, if you read my previous post UK Sephora? (which you can read here) you'll know that when I went to Paris I visited Champs Elysees and popped into Sephora and MAC. I bought a couple of things (I know, I regret not buying more too) and I thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

The three different types of colours in the
Sculpting Disk.
Firstly I picked up Sephora's Sculpting Disk. It's made up of a warm brown for contouring, a light peach and a very light nude for highlighting. I use this pallet every day, I think it's incredible. It stays on for absolutely ages and it they are beautiful colours.

I'll be honest, the blush colour is a little too light for me so I use my own - but the other two are absolute musts for me! I only paid around €15 which is around £13 which I think is such good value for money. I really regret not buying another pallet as I know when I run out I'm going to be devastated and desperately searching for one to match up. There is even a mirror on the inside which is so handy if you're at a friends, club or party.

I must say - it even smells nice too!

I have to say, I thought Sephora's own brand was good but really, they had some truly fabulous products! It makes me want to pay the €15 p&p charges a little bit so I can have another one - not joking.

Top left: The free MAC tote bag they gave me.
Top right: MAC Fix +
Bottom left: Ready for the night out wearing Fix +
Bottom right: Home from my night out
Another of the products I was lucky enough to get my hands on was MAC Fix +. I've read/heard reviews about this before and I've wanted it for a while but never got round to buying it but I was staring at it in the store and finally nothing was stopping me!

I tried it that evening as we were going out for the night. I felt it really fixed my make up in place immediately. I got in, early hours of the morning and started packing (as we were leaving in a matter of hours) and looked in the mirror - my make up was 100 per cent still on. I was so shocked, usually my imperfections would be very much on show after what I'd done and how long my make up had been on but not one spot, blemish - nothing! Impressive, huh?

I use Fix + all the time now whether it be to cool me down or hold my make up on. I'm in awe of it! It has lasted me ages too. I use it almost daily and haven't yet run out.

Not only did I finally get my Fix +, when I paid instead of giving me a usual MAC shopping bag. They gave me this cool MAC tote bag with Champs Elsees written over it. I was so lucky as sadly, my friend didn't get given one. :(

I will defiantly be buying both of these products again, if I get the chance *fingers crossed*.

I did also buy something else from Sephora which I'll be doing a separate post on soon! In the meantime, have  you bought any MAC or Sephora products you can't live without? Please do comment them so I can give them a little try!

Love Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment