Image Map

Sunday 26 May 2013

A month in colour...

Hello! So I ditched my acrylic nails and decided to start painting my natural ones. Finally my nails are getting stronger too thanks to Vaseline Hand and Nail cream! But I thought I'd share a few of my favourite colours and brands I've used this month.


Ciate Caviar Mini Bar 012 Knickerbockerglory & Barry M Rose Quartz Glitter.
I bought this collection when I was in Paris - it's amazing! It's a hot pink I absolutely LOVE IT. It's great for all Seasons and is super pretty. I've also put a Barry M sparkly glitter over the first two toes.

Maybelline New York Color Show 349 Power Red & Rimmel London 60 seconds 740 Clear.
I don't usually like red as I feel they make me look pale but I love this one, not too hot or too bright. I actually think it looks really good and goes with a lot.

Barry M Berry I/C and Fuchsia & Sally Hansen No Chip Acylic Top Coat.
I had a little shopping trip the other day and came across some of Barry M's beautiful pastel colours. I absolutely love them. Luckily enough in Superdrug they were on offer 3 for 2! My dad kindly painted my toes for me as usually I'm useless at them because they're so tiny!

Gelly Hi Shine by Barry M Grapefruit, Sally Hansen No Chip Acylic Top Coat & OPI Nail Envy.
Finally! I purchased OPI Nail Envy from Boots the other day. I'm still experimenting with it so will give you a review when I've made my decision!
I experimented with Barry M's Gelly collection too. It's a lot thicker than usual Barry M nail varnishes and comes off looking more like a shellac polish too.
I also bought Sally Hansen's No Chip Acrylic Top coat. It gives such a glossy shine!
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 250 Mudslide
 I bought Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure from Asda because it was on offer 2 for £9 and I thought that was so good! I love this nudey colour, it's so great for every day use and going out. I was so surprised by it, it went on my nails so well and creamy.
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 250 Mudslide, Barry  M Rose Quartz Glitter & Rimmel London 60 Seconds 740 Clear.
I later experimented with graduated glitter as you can see in the below image. I've been wanting this for ages and I finally done it! I was so happy with myself I think it looks beautiful - also a good thing because if you do end up chipping a nail a little bit you can't really tell because of the glitter.

Incase you were like me, wondering how to do it, this is how:

1) Apply Nail strengthener - doesn't matter which one and then apply a clear varnish base coat and leave to dry.

3) Paint your nails your chosen colour and leave to dry. And I mean dry completely!

4) Apply a thin layer of glitter around the edge/top of your nail. So usually were you would have your white tip you have a layer of glitter. Allow that to dry.

5) Starting from the top of your nail brush the glitter down your nail leaving a light graduating glitter line.

6) Re-apply if necessary.

7) Apply a clear top coat.

8) Go around the edge of your nail with an earbud and nail varnish to get rid of any unwanted varnish or glitter
Currently: Sensationail Pink Chiffon Gel with a dove nail wraps.
I bought a set of Gel varnishes in Asda, they are quite pricey at £10 each but they are just like shellac and luckily enough I already had a UV lamp. I really do love the colour I feel that if applied correctly it lasts quite a while too! The wraps are from ebay and I bought for only a couple of pounds for two strips! I've never tried nail wraps before but I'm so impressed they literally took 10 seconds to do, they are a lot like the kids tattoos you can get. After applying a clear varnish they look fabulous! I will definitely be buying some more wraps to experiment with. (Watch this space!)
Currently: This shellac hot pink.
It was my nephews first birthday this week so I decided to treat myself to a manicure and polish. I am literally in love with this colour! It's so gorgeous, the photograph doesn't do the colour much justice. What I really love about shellac is not just that it stays on for a long time but also that it never loses it's shine which is brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. Love the dove nail wrap very cute - i love the sensationail gel polishes, I've found them to be just as good as the likes of Shellac and Gelish :) and a tenner is nothing - you pay 30 quid for an OPI gel color bottle :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was just looking at them the other day! It is crazy, I think they have such a great variety of colours too. :)

      xx

      Delete