Image Map

Monday 20 May 2013

Benefit Dorset Fake Up Blogging Event

When Megan, from Beauty Bubble invited me to Benefit Dorset for the Fake Up event to say I was excited would be an understatement. Not only is Benefit one of my favourite cosmetic brands, but this was also my first ever blogging event!

So one we arrived I was introduced to Sophie, the department manager and Alyson, who was running the event. Alyson was dressed up as the detective from the Fake Up advert and looked absolutely fabulous! Then we were introduced to some tasty white wine, carrot cakes and sweets *smiles*. I’d heard how great Fake Up was but when Sophie told us how many Fake Ups have sold and how much of a hit they are I was extremely intrigued. They barely even had any left in the store!

After trying Fake Up for the first time I realised immediately how light and fresh it was on my skin. It felt so smooth too, and not at all greasy or dry as some concealer can be. As I’ve been trying it throughout the week I’ve really grown to love it.

I usually place it under my eyes and because I wear glasses I feel it really lightens up my face as makes the shadow from my glasses less harsh.
I also use it as a highlighter down the centre of my nose, just above my eyebrows and a little on my chin. After I’ll place my powder on top, but only a little as too much can look like it's  been, well frankly, plastered on.

It’s so fresh and neat I love it and for only £18.50 I think it’s defiantly worth it as I’ve hardly used any. I was also surprised how three tones could match so many different skin types too.

Benefit are famous for having cute packaging and this really did not disappoint and like most of Benefit's products comes with a little how to guide.

Benefit Dorset were also generous enough to give us these cute Vintage little gift bags stocked with goodies.

In my gift bag I received a Bad Gal Lash, a Benefit eye mask (which will be coming on the plane with me when I go on holiday!) a sample of Hello Flawless and an extremely cute little Benefit necklace!

I also purchased Brow Zings and Fake Up in medium and opened a Debenhams beauty card. For those of you who don't know, the beauty card gives you points to use the following month. Basically, 500 points is the equivalent to £5 to spend in store. There was also an offer on, spend £40 and receive 500 points - so of course I did!

If you have any questions about Fake Up or any other of the products featured in this post please don't hesitate to ask :)

Love Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment