Image Map

Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas Rudolph nail art tutorial

Hello and Merry Christmas! 

So a few weeks ago I started to practice some Christmas nail art in case some of my clients wanted some. I saw a little Rudolph design on Pintrest and thought I’d never be able to do it. So I started off simple, with a Santa’s belt design etc – which turned out to be more complex that the Rudolph design!

So I thought I’d try. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to do, once you’ve got the head shape done it’s pretty much plain sailing from there on. I thought I’d share it with you as I absolutely love it and give you a few tips on how I found was easiest to do it. If you have any questions please ask!

I’m using gellux colours here, but I’m sure you could do it with nail varnish – I just don’t have the patience to wait for it to dry! So as you can imagine, I’m curing my nail in the UV lamp between each step.

Step 1:
After I’d prepped my nail, used Gellux’s fast bond and base coat I added my first layer of colour. I chose to use white as my base coat as I feel the other colours show up much better with it. The name of this specific colour is Purely White.

Step 2:
Add another layer of your base colour remembering to cap the free edge.

Step 3:
Using the brush create a large circle at the tip of the nail using a browny colour. The only brown I had was very light but I still think it works really well. This is called Wild Mink.

Step 4:
Go over the circle with the same colour to create depth to the colour and ensure it isn’t streaky.

Step 5:
Using a dotting tool make two white eyes (again, I’m using Purely White). But, try to make the dots slightly bigger by swirling the dotting tool around a bit on the nail to ensure there is enough room to add in a pupil later on. Using a red or a red glitter create a smaller circle at the bottom of the nail in the centre to create Rudolph’s famous nose. I’ve used Gellux’s Red Hot Ruby glittery red. 

Step 6:
Using a black colour add two lines coming out the top of the reindeers head. The black I’ve used from Gellux’s range is called Black Onyx. Add two black dots in the centre of the white eyes we’ve already created which will be Rudolph’s pupils. Go over the two black lines and add two more smaller horizontal lines in each of them to complete the antlers. Go over the nose with the red again to ensure it shines bright. 

Step 7:
Ensure you’re design lasts as long as possible by using a top coat. Of course, if you’re using gel – you’ll have to apply the top coat. And you’re finished with your own adorable little Rudolph. 

TIP:
If you’re really wanting to go all out. I’ve seen someone do Rudolph on one nail and plain nosed reindeers on every other nail – very cute. 


No comments:

Post a Comment