Image Map

Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas nail art tutorial Penguin, Erik from Happy Feet 2

Merry Christmas! So if you saw my previous post you’ll have seen that I’ve been practicing some Christmas nail art. I loved Rudolph and I hope you do too. But I now have another little cutie.

Introducing Erik, the penguin from my favourite film, Happy Feet 2. Much like Rudolph – it’s a loteasier than it looks. Here are five simple steps for you to follow…ENJOY!

(I’m using Gel polishes here again, please let me know how you got on.)

Step 1:
After I’d prepped my nail, used Gellux’s fast bond and base coat I added my first layer of colour. Using Black Onyx (Gellux) I covered the whole nail. Once that’s dried/been cured add another layer of black to it to ensure the colour isn’t streaky.

Step 2:
Using my brush I created a round long circle to use as the penguins white belly (using Gellux’s Purely White) . Using my dotting tool I also added two white dots to start Erik’s eyes. I made them slightly larger than the dotting tool had by swirling the dotting tool around a little on the nail. 

Step 3:
Add another layer of white to the belly to ensure the colour is not streaky.

Step 4:
I added two smaller black dots into the white eyes to complete Erik’s eyes and created an orange by mixing Devil Red and Lemon Ice – both Gellux. (I then realised that I already had an orange…blonde moment). But this orange probably works out nicer anyway. I used the orange as a triangle nose between the eyes and the belly and the small feet either edge of the belly. 

Step 5:
Once this has been cured/dried, add a top coat and cure again. Then you should have a very cute little Erik!

TIP:
When creating Erik’s feet and nose, if like me you’ve mixed your colours you’re probably doing this anyway, but it’s easier to use a much thinner brush to ensure you get a better shape to it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment