Image Map

Friday 6 June 2014

The Nail & Beauty Academy: Acrylic Overlay Course

As my love of being a nail technician grows stronger I decided I should upgrade/update my knowledge and skills.
The Nail and Beauty Academy LTD.
I took it upon myself to book an Acrylic course. Although, when the first company cancelled I decided I needed to book another one fast as my clients kept asking when I'd be qualified.

The next available course was in Surrey, an hour and a half from where I live but the company themselves looked so professional and well-known that I couldn't help myself!

Lunch at the Coughlans
Bakery next door.
Yesterday, my model, Becky and I travelled to Surrey to take part in the five-hour course.

When we arrived I learnt some valuable theory information about nails, the skin around them and how to take care of them. We then got straight into the practical.

I learnt a lot of things I didn't know before and that my Gellux course didn't need to teach me. 

Once I'd finished my first ever set of acrylics I was so pleased. Ofcourse, I'm fully aware they aren't perfect - but I'd tried really hard and was very happy with the outcome. Even the instructor claimed for a first attempt they were very good!

Becky's nails, my first set.
I managed to finish the course two hours before expected due to there only being two of us learning at the time - which was great because at some points I had received some one-on-one training.

I've been wanting to take this course for a while now and am so pleased that I did. So I thought I should show you the final outcome! Here are my first ever set, and a couple of other photographs from the day.

Enjoy and if you have any questions please ask! 

Inside the starter kit. Acrylic liquid, acrylic powder, a 180-grit
file, acrylic brush, tips and nail forms.
My starter kit & certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment