Image Map

Friday 25 October 2013

Gels - which one?

There are so many different types of gel polish out that it’s hard to find one that’s “the best.”

I’ll be honest with you it will depend. Sometimes Gelish will work great for you, sometimes it’s Gellux or Redcarpet etc. Sometimes you can be lucky enough to have them all work fine on your nails and have long lasting colour for over two weeks!

As some of you know, I am a Gel Polish nail technician and I do love trying new products! I thought I’d let you know of a few genuinely brilliant products and their functions (and possibly show off a bit along the way.)
So firstly, this is a design I done about a month ago. I used Gelish Up in the Blue with Gellux White Pearl. People say you shouldn’t mix brands – that’s a myth. Mix all you want. I don’t get along with Gellux’s top coat – so I use Gelish’s as I find it works better for me as a nail tech (that’s just my opinion.) I love polka-dot designs I think they look lovely in all seasons, especially Summer when I done this using Gellux’s Cranberry Cosmopolitan.
For ages I have been searching for some 2D bows because I hate using big chunky 3D ones as they pick off so easily. Finally I found these on eBay, they’re literally just stickers so you peel them off and stick them on. The colour used here is Gellux’s Magenta Magma. I absolutely love this colour it’s perfect for winter and so so shiny as you can see!
Although darker colours such as the above are great for winter so are the warmer pastel colours. This is Pink Pebble, it’s another Gellux colour. I don’t think you can go wrong with a natural colour like this. Although, it does take an extra coat which makes it thicker and more likely to chip – mine didn’t but the more coats you use the more likely it is to chip so remember to keep your coats nice and thin. I used three diamonds on my ring fingers and I think with the simplistic colour it works really well and looks very elegant.
TIP: The best way of applying gems to gel nails is to apply a topcoat over your colour, then add the gems and cure the nail. Afterwards, add another coat of clear and cure. This will secure the nail well.
The perfect colour if you go out a lot - Tiki Tiki Laranga by Gelish’s Rio Nion collection. It’s really bright and vibrant. One of my customers works in a night club and she said they were so bright under the UV even the bouncers where commenting on them! It’s a really nice gel to apply too it’s so thin it feels better than normal nail varnish.
Another great product, Sinful cuticle oil. I use this product on every one of my customers. I have the Mango and Papaya flavour and I’ve had so many compliments on it! It really does help to strengthen the nail and take care of it underneath the gel. I usually try to apply cuticle oil once a day or at least every other.

This product is one I swear by, it’s Lush’s Lemon Flutter Butter. It’s so convenient you just pop it in your back and go. It’s great for cuticles and also any rough bits on your hands, elbows, ankles – everywhere. It’s so great and it actually does feel like it’s working. My nails are healthy and much stronger than before!
I hope this has helped or at least provided you with some ideas! Let me know what you thin I’d love to hear your ideas and thoughts. I’m currently working on some Halloween and Christmas designs which is super exiting stuff. I’ll update you all shortly! 

Love Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment